Walnut Pear and Goat Cheese Salad
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 cups loosely packed fresh spinach, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 1/2 cups loosely packed romaine lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 1/2 cups loosely packed arugula, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 Bosc pear, cored and thinly sliced
- 3 ounces reduced-fat plain goat cheese
- salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
Spread walnuts on a baking tray and bake until fragrant and lightly browned, about 10 minutes. Roughly chop nuts.
Place oil, lemon juice and a pinch of salt and pepper in a jar with a lid. Close tightly and shake vigorously to combine.
Place spinach, lettuce, arugula and pear slices in a mixing bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Pour dressing over greens and toss. Divide among salad plates, sprinkle cheese and nuts on top before serving.