Vegetable and Turkey Meatloaf
A lean, healthful turkey meatloaf with onion, zucchini, celery, carrots, and mushrooms, flavored with tomato paste and paprika.
- 1 1/4 pound ground turkey
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 large zucchini, shredded
- 1 large celery stalk, finely chopped
- 3 medium carrots, shredded
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 pounds mushrooms, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup liquid egg substitute
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 95mins
Adapted from laaloosh.com
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line loaf sized baking pan with foil.
Spray nonstick skillet with non fat cooking spray. Sauté onion until softened–about 3 to 5 minutes. Add in the carrots, celery, and bell pepper, and cook for another 3 to 5 minutes to soften veggies. Add in zucchini, mushrooms and garlic and sauté about 3 more minutes.
In large bowl, combine ground turkey, oats, parsley, egg substitute, applesauce, tomato paste, paprika, salt and pepper. Fold in veggies.
Empty mixture into your baking pan, and shape mixture into loaf form with your hands.
Bake until browned and meat inside is thoroughly cooked–about 1 hour.
Remove from oven and let stand about 10 to 15 minutes. Cut into 6 equally sized slices.
You'll also love
- HCG Diet (P2/3) French Onion Soup 4.3/5 (24 Votes)
- KNEADERS COPY-CAT RASPBERRY BREAD... 4.6/5 (18 Votes)
- Bacon Cheeseburger Pie 4.6/5 (21 Votes)
- Turkey Taco Salad 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
Review this recipe