Sugar Cookie Dough
Sugar cookies always look gorgeous when finished but the road to get there can be rife with challenges. These can be baked and frozen months ahead and keep their beautiful shape and take the stress out of cookie making all together.
- 3 1/4 cups flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 sticks unsalted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 225mins
Whisk together the flour and salt in a bowl. In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the butter and sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, until incorporated. Add the vanilla. Scrape down the bowl.
Switch the mixer to low and add 1/3 of the flour mixture, blending until incorporated. Add the remaining flour mixture gradually and mix just until dough forms. Refrigerate dough until very firm, 3 hours or overnight.
Let dough stand at room temperature for 10 minutes before rolling. Roll dough on a lightly floured surface to a 3/8-inch thickness. Cut out shapes and place on a parchment lined tray.
Refrigerate the cookies for 15 minutes before baking. Bake on 350°F for 8 to 12 minutes, or until the edges are just golden.
Use only half the dough at a time and keep the rest in the fridge to make handling the dough more manageable.
Use a silicone mat to make rolling easier
You'll also love
- Honey Garlic Crockpot Meatballs 4.1/5 (83 Votes)
- Vodka Red Bull Jello Shots 4.3/5 (58 Votes)
- Easter Cadbury Creme Egg Cupcakes 4.4/5 (43 Votes)
- Oreo Ice Cream Pie 4.5/5 (42 Votes)
- Creamy Rice Pudding 4.3/5 (32 Votes)
- Chocolate-Rum Truffle Torte 4.3/5 (61 Votes)
- Soft Gingerbread Cookies 4.6/5 (34 Votes)
Review this recipe