Slow Cooker Cheeseburger Soup
Want the flavors of a burger with the ease of the slow cooker? You got it! Plus, this easy, versatile soup takes just 20 minutes to prep.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 4 cups onion, chopped
- 2 (28-ounce) cans Muir Glen organic fire roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup steak sauce
- 1 (16-ounce) American cheese loaf, cut into cubes
- 1 (22-ounce) bag frozen waffle fries
- 2 cups lettuce, shredded
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 500mins
Adapted from pillsbury.com
Spray 5 to 6 quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
In 12-inch nonstick skillet, cook beef over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until brown. Drain.
In slow cooker, mix beef, onions, tomatoes and steak sauce. Cover and cook on Low 8 hours, or on High 4 hours.
When soup is done cooking, stir in cheese; cover and set slow cooker to Warm heat setting.
Stir occasionally while making waffle fries as directed on package.
Serve with freshly cooked waffle fries and shredded lettuce.
Freezes well. Prepare waffle fries and lettuce just prior to serving.
You'll also love
- Marscarpone Stuffed French Toast 4.4/5 (197 Votes)
- Crock Pot Honey Mustard Chicken &... 4.3/5 (216 Votes)
- Cheese & Onion Enchiladas with... 4.2/5 (190 Votes)
- Pioneer Woman's Beef Brisket 3.8/5 (187 Votes)
Review this recipe