Roasted Garlic Soup
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped fine
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 4 heads roasted garlic
- 1 Tbsp. roughly chopped fresh thyme leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
• Heat the butter in a saucepan until just melted. Add the onion, shallot and fresh garlic, and cook until everything starts to brown. Add the chicken stock, scraping the bottom of the pan to get all the browned bits up.
• Add the roasted garlic, thyme, salt and pepper. Bring to a slight simmer and cook for 30 minutes.
• Remove from the heat and let cool for about 15 minutes. Blend in a food processor or with an immersion blender until smooth.
• Return the mixture to the pan, add the cream and taste for seasoning. Heat through and serve immediately with crusty bread.