Cranberry Caramel Bars
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups uncooked regular oats
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 (10-ounce) package chopped dates
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (12-ounce) jar caramel sauce
Stir together cranberries and 2 tablespoons sugar in a small bowl; set
Combine 2 cups flour and next 4 ingredients; stir in melted butter until crumbly.
Reserve 1 cup flour mixture.
Press remaining mixture into bottom of a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
Bake at 350F for 15 minutes.
Sprinkle with dates, pecans, and cranberry mixture.
Stir together caramel sauce and remaining 1/3 cup flour; spoon over cranberries.
Sprinkle with reserved 1 cup flour mixture.
Bake 20 more minutes or until lightly browned.
Cool on a wire rack.
Cut into bars.