Chicken–Stuffed Bell Peppers
- 4 large red bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 1/2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 2/3 cup Prego® Marinara Italian Sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese, Monterey Jack or Swiss cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Preparation time 20mins
Adapted from campbellskitchen.com
Heat the oven to 375ºF. Cut the tops off the peppers and reserve. Remove and discard the seeds. Place the peppers, cut-side up, into a 3-quart shallow baking dish.
Heat the oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until tender. Place the onion mixture into a medium bowl. Stir in the chicken, sauce, cheese and black pepper. Spoon the chicken mixture into the pepper halves. Top with the reserved pepper tops, if desired.
Bake for 40 minutes or until the peppers are tender.