Stove Top Thyme Carrots
Easy, tasty stove top side dish that goes with pork, poultry,fish or beef.
- Olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, halved and sliced from root to stem
- 3 large garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 lb. carrots, sliced into 1/4-inch-thick rounds
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms
- 4 to 5 fresh thyme sprigs
- 1/2 tsp. red wine vinegar, or to taste
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 25mins
1. Warm a large skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Add 2 TBS olive oil
3. Add the onions, they should be "Frying", make sure all onions are well coated with the oil.
4. Sitr unitl onions are softened DO NOT BROWN
5. Add garlic and salt to taste.
6. Reduce the heat to medium and cook the garlic is fragrant
7. Add the carrots and thyme,mix.
Ensure there is enough oil to coat the carrots, add more if needed. Cover and cook over medium heat stirring regularly until carrots are softened (15-25 minutes depending on how you like your carrots. Add mushrooms when carrots are almost ready and continue to cook covered for 5-10 minutes. When carrots are ready, turn off the heat and remove the thyme sprigs.Add the vinegar and stir add salt to taste. NOTE: I have made this recipe with and without the vinegar, good both ways.