Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo
- 6 oz dry fettuccine pasta
- 2 small zucchini cut in half lenghwise and sliced
- 1 1/2 C sliced mushrooms
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2/3 c lowfat milk
- 1 Tbl plus 1 tsp cornstarch
- 2/3 C reduced sodium chicken broth
- 3 Tbl light cream cheese
- 1/2 tsp fresh chopped rosemary
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 6 Tbl grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 C cooked boneless chichken breast
While preparing sauce, cook the pasta accordingly. Drain and return to pot.
Lay mushrooms on a plate covered with a paper towel. Lightly sprinle with half the garlic and microwave 30 seconds. Add zucchini to plate. Sprinkle zucchini with remaining garlic and microwave 30 seconds more. Set aside.
In a medium saucepan, whisk the milk and cornstarch until smooth. Whisk in the broth and place over low heat. Add the cream cheese, garlic, rosemary and pepper. Bring to a low simmer and cook until the sauce thickens about 4 minutes. Wisk in the Parmesean and cook kfor 1-2 minutes or until sauce is smooth.
Add the cooked chicen to the pasta pot an stir to warm. Add vegetables and sauce and toss to combin e.