Polenta Gratin with Mushrooms and Fontina
Yield: 3 servings
5 points plus
- 1 (16-ounce) tube of polenta, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- Cooking spray
- 1 (8-ounce) package presliced mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomato Alfredo sauce (such as Classico)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) shredded fontina cheese
Preheat oven to 500°.
Arrange polenta slices in an 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray, allowing slices to overlap.
Heat a medium nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in garlic and salt. Cover, reduce heat, and cook 2 minutes. Stir in Alfredo sauce and basil.
Spoon mushroom mixture evenly over polenta. Top with cheese. Bake at 500° for 7 minutes or until thoroughly heated.