Sour Cream Noodle Bake
- 1 (8 ounce) package medium-wide egg noodles
- Boiling salted water
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup cream-style small curd cottage cheese
- 1 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
Cook noodles in boiling salted water about 8 minutes. Rinse in cold water; drain.
Brown beef; pour off excess grease. Add salt, pepper, garlic salt and tomato sauce. Simmer 5 minutes.
Combine cottage cheese, sour cream, green onion and cooked noodles.
Alternate layers of noodle mixture and meat mixture in a greased 2-quart casserole dish, beginning with noodles and ending with meat. Top with Cheddar cheese. Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and lightly browned.