Cheese Ravioli/Edamame Pasta Dish
This recipe was from my friend, Dar Laing.
- 1-2 pkg. Buitoni four cheese ravioli (depending upon how many you are serving)
- 1 container of Buitoni Pesto with Basil
- 1 pkg. shelled Edamame
- 1 pkg. extra firm Tofu cut into cubes and sauted in butter (This ingredient is optional)
- 1 pkg. pine nuts
- Shredded parmesan cheese
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 25mins
1. Cook ravioli according to pkg. directions in a pot that has a steamer insert
2. Once the pasta starts boiling, put most of the container of pesto into the pasta water.
3. Place the steamer insert on top of the cooking pasta. Put the frozen edamame in the steamer--let steam while the pasta finishes cooking.
4. Meanwhile, roast the pine nuts under broiler--be careful, they burn easily!
5. Drain the pasta, toss with the edamame, tofu(optional)and the pine nuts.
6. Sprinkle the parmesan generously over the pasta. Serve parmesan on the side also for those would like more cheese.