Pineapple Ginger Fried Rice
This rice is full of colorful vegetables sauteed in a light pineapple ginger sauce. A great way to use leftover rice and create a more-than-satisfying meal!
- 1/4 cups Soy Sauce
- 1/4 cups Pineapple Juice
- 3 Tablespoons Pure Maple Syrup
- 1-1/4 teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 3 Tablespoons Canola Oil
- 1 whole Small Onion, Diced
- 3 cloves Garlic, Pressed
- 1 whole Red Bell Pepper, Diced
- 1 whole Medium Carrot, Grated
- 1 cup Frozen Peas
- 3-1/2 cups Cooked Brown Rice
- 1 can (540ml Size) Pineapple Tidbits, Drained
Adapted from tastykitchen.com
Whisk together the soy sauce, pineapple juice, maple syrup and ground ginger to make the pineapple ginger sauce in a small dish and set aside.
Heat the canola oil in a large skillet or wok on medium heat. Add the diced onion and pressed garlic and saute for 5 minutes until translucent. Add the diced pepper, grated carrot, frozen peas and pineapple ginger sauce and cook 5-8 minutes more, simmering the vegetables in the sauce until softened.
Finally, add the brown rice and pineapple tidbits and cook 5 minutes more, until the entire mixture is hot. Serve.