Chilled Sesame Noodles With Fresh Mushrooms
- 8 ounces Asian noodles (such as soba) (or vermicelli)
- 1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon white rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger (or 1 tbspn grated fresh ginger)
- Hot pepper sauce to taste (or chili oil)
- 10 ounces white mushrooms thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions (scallions)
Cook noodles in boiling water until just tender, as directed on the package. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid; rinse noodles under cold running water.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine peanut butter, soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, ginger and hot pepper sauce; beat together until smooth; stir in reserved cooking liquid. Fold in noodles, mushrooms and green onions. Top with toasted sesame seeds or chopped cilantro, if desired.
This recipe yields 4 servings.