Chicken And Mushroom Orzo Salad
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil divided
- 10 ounces fresh white mushrooms sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves crushed
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 12 ounces cooked chicken sliced (abt 2 cups)
- 2 cups cooked orzo or other small pasta
- 1 cup diced sweet red bell pepper - (abt 1 medium)
- 1/2 cup crumbled flavored feta cheese
In a large skillet, over high heat, heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Add mushrooms; cook and stir until tender, about 7 minutes.
To prepare dressing: In a small bowl, stir together remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, the lemon juice, salt, pepper, thyme and garlic.
In a large bowl, combine mushrooms, chicken, orzo, bell pepper, feta cheese and dressing; toss until well coated. Spoon mixture onto plates lined with arugula or other salad greens, if desired.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Buffalo Ranch Alfredo Pasta 4.5/5 (687 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (665 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (486 Votes)
- Crock Pot Ravioli Casserole 4.5/5 (475 Votes)
- Smothered Chicken with Mushrooms &... 4.5/5 (379 Votes)