Hot Cheesy Spinach Dip
Serve with toasted slices of sourdough bread or with hearty crackers strong enough for scooping.
- 2 TBsp butter
- 1/4 c chopping onion, about 1/4 of a medium onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (1 tsp)
- 1 TBsp all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 c half-and-half
- 2 pkgs (9oz each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed, well drained
- 1 can (8oz) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 c shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 pkg (1oz) dry vegetable soup mix
- 1/4 c shredded Parmesan cheese
Preparation time 45mins
**It is not necessary to grease the casserole sidh because of the high fat content of the Cheddar.
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Melt butter ina large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook and stir until onion is crisp-tender and garlic is fragrat, 2-3 minutes.
2. Stir in flour; cook and stir an additional minute. Add half-and-half and cook, stirring constantly, until mixture boils and thickens, about 2 minutes.
3. Remove saucepan from heat. Stir in chopped spinach, water chestnuts, Cheddar and begetable soup mix. Spoon dip into a 1-quart casserole or gratin dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan.
4. Bake dip until it is bubbly and cheese is melted, 10-15 minutes. Serve warm.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (487 Votes)
- Spinach Lasagna Roll-Ups 4.6/5 (148 Votes)
- Secretly Healthy Spinach Dip aka... 4.5/5 (137 Votes)
- Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breasts 4.6/5 (127 Votes)