Macaroni And Mushroom Gratin
- 1/2 pound small elbow macaroni
- 1/2 pound oyster mushrooms chopped 1/2" or smaller pieces
- 1/2 pound shiitake mushrooms chopped 1/2" or smaller pieces
- 1/2 pound chanterelle mushrooms chopped 1/2" or smaller pieces
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 3 shallots finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 pound coarsely-grated cheese (either Swiss or parmesan)
Cook the macaroni according to instructions.
Meanwhile, saute the mushrooms, garlic and shallots in olive oil for 3 or 4 minutes, or until golden brown. Add the chives and parsley. Toss the mushrooms with the macaroni and arrange in an oven-safe dish.
Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from oven, sprinkle with cheese, and broil just until the cheese is melted and browned, about 1 or 2 minutes. This is great with crusty bread and a green salad.
This recipe yields ?? servings.