Venison With Currants And Chanterelles
- 2 pounds venison meat boned and cubed
- 3 cups red wine
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 1/2 pound fresh currants
- 4 ounces fresh chanterelles
- 2 cups water
- 1 pound dried onion crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot mixed into
- 1/2 cup water
"Hot marinade" the venison by combining it with the water, wine, onion, garlic, and salt. Bring these ingredients to a simmer, and let them cook, covered, for about one hour or until the venison is tender.
Add the currants and the chanterelles and bring the mixture back to a boil. Thicken with the arrowroot mixture. Adjust for salt and serve with a creamy risotto.
This recipe yields ?? servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (805 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (702 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (665 Votes)
- Ducky Bath Baby Shower Punch 4.3/5 (41 Votes)
- Veal Involtini 5/5 (0 Votes)
- Duck Soup (Mock Czarnina) 5/5 (0 Votes)