HERB AND TOMATO PIE
- Recipe By : SOUTHERN LIVING
- Serving Size : 1 Preparation Time :0:00
- Categories : Luncheon
- Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
- 1 package diced cooked ham -- (8 oz.)
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions -- about 4 onions
- 1 9-inch frozen unbaked pie shell
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided -- 4 oz.
- 2 meduim plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup half and half
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
Saute ham and green onions in a large nonstick skiller over medium heat 5 minutes or until ham is brown and any liquid evaporates
Brush bottom of pie shell evenly with mustard; sprinkle with 1/2 cup moxxarell cheese. Spoon ham mixture evenly over cheese, and top with single layer of sliced tomatoes.
Beat egg and half-and-half with a fork until blended; pour over tomatoes. Sprinkle evenly with basil, pepper and remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
Bake on lowest oven rack at 425 for 20-23 minutes or until lightly browned and set. Cool on wire rack 20 minutes. Cut into wedges to serve
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Serving Ideas : Garnishes: fresh basil sprigs and tomato slices
NOTES : DO NOT USE DELI HAM, DO NOT USE DEEP DISH PIE SHELL