Thai Seafood Curry
Several kinds of fish can replace shell fish, use whichever type of fish you prefer. Personally speaking I think shrimp works the best!
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Thai green curry paste
- 1/2 cup lager
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 4 ounces bean thread noodles, soaked in hot water for 15 minutes
- 3 ripe tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 pound mussels, cleaned
- 1/2 pound shrimp
- 1/2 pound scallops
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 25mins
In a skillet with lid or a wok, heat oil on medium heat. Add onion and saute 2 minutes.
Add green curry paste and saute 1 minute.
Add lager, coconut milk, lime zest and fish sauce. Simmer for 5 minutes or until sauce is fragrant.
Stir in drained bean thread noodles, tomatoes, mussels, shrimp and scallops. Cover pan and steam seafood for 3 minutes or until mussels are opened and seafood is cooked.
Discard any unopened mussels. Stir in basil, coriander and lime juice. Taste for seasoning, adding salt, pepper or lime juice as needed.
You'll also love
- Mr. Dell's Cheesy Potatoes 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Applebee's Vegetable Medley 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Chinese Chicken, Broccoli and... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Seared Scallops over Wilted... 4.3/5 (16 Votes)
- Joe's Crab Shack Crab Cakes 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Cheesy Chicken Poblano Chowder 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Mocha Decadence Pie 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Thick Sweet Teriyaki Sauce 5/5 (1 Votes)