Oven-Fried Turkey Cutlets
- 2/3 cup (2oz) crushed reduced-fat buttery crackers (e.g.Keebler Town House)
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1-1/2 lbs skinless turkey or chicken breast cutlets
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- Vegetable oil cooking spray
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 40mins
In a shallow dish or bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder and salt. Place the buttermilk in a shallow dish or bowl. Dredge the turkey cutlets in buttermilk and then in the crumb mixture.
Preheat oven to 450 deg. Pour oil onto a large rimmed baking sheet. Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven and heat for 2 minutes. Remove the sheet from the oven, tilting the pan to coat evenly with oil. Arrange breaded cutlets on the sheet and spray cutlet tops with cooking spray.
Reduce heat to 375 deg, and bake 20 to 25 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165-170 deg.