Nantucket Baked Bluefish
- 3 pounds bluefish fillets
- Unsalted butter for baking dish
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1/2 cup good-quality commercial mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Wash and pat dry the fillets. Butter a baking dish and place the fillets in it. Rub them with the salt and pepper.
In a bowl, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, chives and lemon juice. Cover the fish with this mixture.
Bake for 20 minutes, or until the fish is firm and opaque all the way through. Then set under a broiler for 5 minutes to brown.
This recipe yields 4 to 6 servings.