Potato Crusted Striper
- 4 striped bass fillets - (6 to 8 oz)
- 1 cup salt-and-pepper seasoned flour
- 2 cups grated skin-on red potato
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 green onions minced
- 1 lemon juice only
- 3 tablespoons chilled butter
Dust fish with seasoned flour. Add some salt and pepper and the egg to the shredded potatoes and mix well. Press a 1/2-inch layer of potatoes onto the top of each fillet.
Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Carefully place the fillets, potato-side down, into the hot oil. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until medium-brown.
Carefully flip fillets over and add remaining ingredients except butter to pan. Cook for another 3 to 4 minutes or until fish is just cooked.
Transfer fish to plates and increase heat in pan to high. Reduce liquid in pan to a few tablespoons, remove pan from heat and whisk in chilled butter until melted.
To serve, drizzle sauce over fish.
This recipe yields 4 servings.