Poached Fish With Artichoke And Basil Sauce
- 1 1/2 pounds fish fillets
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 medium yellow onion roughly chopped
- 2/3 cup marinated artichoke hearts
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 lemon juice only
- 3 garlic cloves chopped
- 2 tablespoons slivered or sliced almonds lightly toasted
- 3 tablespoons freshly-grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
In a large skillet, combine salt, wine, onion and 1 cup of water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and cook for 5 minutes. Place fish in water and add enough hot water to just barely cover. Reduce heat to a medium-low simmer. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until fish is just cooked.
To make sauce, combine artichoke hearts and the next 5 ingredients in a blender or food processor. Process until mixture is almost pureed, but still a tad chunky. While motor is running, add oil in a thin stream until emulsified. Add to a saucepan and heat over a low heat until warm. Do not allow to boil! Season with salt and pepper.
Place an equal portion of the cooked fish on each plate and drizzle sauce over.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (486 Votes)
- Famous Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (466 Votes)
- Creamy Shrimp & Mushroom Pasta 4.5/5 (260 Votes)
- Easy & Healthy Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (194 Votes)
- Blackened Grilled Tilapia 4.5/5 (142 Votes)