muffing - applesauce oatmeal muffins
- 1/4 cup Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 1 tablespoon firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon margarine or butter, melted
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 cups Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
Adapted from quakeroats.ca
1.Heat oven to 400°F. Line twelve medium muffin cups with paper baking cups or spray bottoms only with cooking spray.
2.For topping, combine all ingredients in small bowl; mix well. Set aside.
3.For muffins, combine oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon in large bowl; mix well. In medium bowl, combine applesauce, milk, sugar, oil and egg white; blend well.
4.Add to dry ingredients all at once; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. (Do not overmix.)
5.Fill muffin cups almost full. Sprinkle with reserved topping, patting gently.
6.Bake 20 to 22 minutes or until deep golden brown. Cool muffins in pan on wire rack 5 minutes. Remove from pan. Serve warm.