Grilled Quail With Bacon Barbecue Glaze
- 8 quail - (abt 4 oz ea) rib bones removed
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup Bacon-Barbecue Glaze (see recipe)
Preheat a grill.
Pat the quail dry with paper towels and position them in 1 layer on a baking sheet or large plate. Use a pastry brush to lightly coat each quail with some of the oil on both sides. Season the quail with the salt and pepper on both sides.
Transfer the quail to the grill and grill for 3 minutes on each side. Brush the quail with the Bacon-Barbecue Glaze and cook for 1 minute longer, just until the glaze starts to caramelize, turning mid way to ensure even cooking on both sides. Serve immediately.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (891 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (904 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (742 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (708 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (680 Votes)
- Bacon Cheddar Potato Cakes 4.5/5 (273 Votes)
- Bacon Breakfast Enchiladas 4.4/5 (234 Votes)
- Potato & Bacon Potato Salad 4.5/5 (218 Votes)