Grilled Blackened Tuna Steaks
Make your own blackened tuna steaks at home with this easy recipe. Serve rare and sliced thin for appetizer or dinner.
- BLACKENING SEASONING:
- 4 tuna steaks
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (more or less depending on taste, 1 tsp. is medium spicy)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
Adapted from backtoherroots.com
Make the blackened seasoning. Mix the paprika, oregano, thyme, cayenne pepper, black pepper, onion powder, garlic powder and salt in a shake top bottle, or small bowl.
Preheat grill to high. Coat all sides of tuna steaks in a thick coating of blackening seasoning, pressing into the flesh of the fish.
Spray one side with cooking spray. Place sprayed side down on grill grates. Close lid and cook 1-2 minutes. Open lid, spray other side of fish and flip. Cook 1-2 minutes more. Tuna is finished when outside edges are cooked but middle is still rare.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (805 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Famous Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (466 Votes)
- Creamy Shrimp & Mushroom Pasta 4.5/5 (260 Votes)
- Easy & Healthy Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (194 Votes)
- Blackened Grilled Tilapia 4.5/5 (142 Votes)
- Grilled Fish Tacos 4.5/5 (128 Votes)