Pan-Grilled Thai Tuna Salad
Short on time but BIG on flavor! Plan a festive, colorful dinner of lightly-seared tuna steaks in about ten minutes.
- Cooking spray
- 2 (6 ounce) Yellowfin tuna steaks (about 1inch thick)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups napa (Chinese) cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup matchstick-cut carrots
- 1/3 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 navel orange, sectioned and chopped
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Sambal oelek (ground fresh chile paste) or Sriracha (hot chile sauce, such as Huy Fong)
Adapted from myrecipes.com
Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Sprinkle fish evenly with salt and pepper. Add fish to pan; cook 2 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Transfer to a cutting board.
Combine cabbage and next 4 ingredients (through orange) in a large bowl. Combine sugar and remaining ingredients in a small bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Reserve 1 tablespoon dressing. Drizzle remaining dressing over salad; toss gently to coat.
Divide salad mixture evenly between 2 plates. Cut each tuna steak across the grain into 1/4-inch slices; arrange over salad mixture. Drizzle 1 1/2 teaspoons reserved dressing over each serving.
You'll also love
- Grilled Cheese-Tomato Soup... 4.6/5 (23 Votes)
- Apple Hand Pies Recipe 4.5/5 (21 Votes)
- Fish Tacos San Diego Style 4.2/5 (32 Votes)
- Coconut shrimp 4.8/5 (9 Votes)
- Ed’s Smoked Salmon Puff Pastry... 4.8/5 (9 Votes)
- Best Ever Tuna Noodle Casserole 4.3/5 (34 Votes)
Review this recipe