(You will find thing's you do not find here, there) Follow or friend me on Facebook for even more recipe's,etc: https://www.facebook.com/carilynn71 ♥Delish Dish♥ at Facebook Groups https://www.facebook.com/groups/Creates/ ♥Delish Dish♥ at Tumblr http://delishdishs.tumblr.com/
- Shichimi Togarashi and Nanami Togarashi:
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup popcorn kernels
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon shichimi togarashi
- 2 tablespoons sansho (or 1 tablespoon black peppercorns)
- 1 tablespoon dried tangerine peel
- 1 tablespoon ground red chile pepper
- 2 teaspoons flaked nori
- 2 teaspoons black sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons white poppy seeds or black cannabis seeds
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic; stir 1 minute. Remove from heat. Cover; keep warm.
Heat kernels and both oils in a large covered pot over medium-high heat; cook until almost all kernels have popped. Transfer popcorn to a large bowl.
Drizzle garlic butter over popcorn; toss to coat. Sprinkle togarashi over; toss again.
To make Shichimi Togarashi:
Combine 2 tablespoons sansho (or 1 tablespoon black peppercorns), 1 tablespoon dried tangerine peel, 1 tablespoon ground red chile pepper, 2 teaspoons flaked nori, 2 teaspoons black sesame seeds, 2 teaspoons white poppy seeds or black cannabis seeds, and 2 teaspoons minced garlic. Grind together to a chunky consistency. Store refrigerated in an airtight container up to 1 month.