Pork Shoulder with radicchio and Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- 1 tbsp (packed) dark brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/8 tp ground cloves
- 1 3 1/2 lb boneless pork shoulder, trimmed, cut into 1 1/2" cubes
- 3 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 4 c sliced onionns
- 1 1/2 c fruity white wine
- 2 c chicken broth
- Radicchio and Salad
- 4 tbsp (Plus more) olive oil
- 2 heads of radicchio, each cut into 6 wedges with some core attached
- 2 tbsp aged balsamic vinegar, plus more
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper
- 3 c (lightly packed) arugula
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
Pork- Mix first 8 ingredients in a large bowl. Add pork and toss to coat. Cover and chill, tossing occasionally, at least 8 hours or overnight.
Heat 2 tbsp oil in a large heavy pot over medium high heat. Working in batches brown pork on all sides, lowering heat if meat begins to scorch, about 5 minutes per batch. Using tongs, transfer pork to a medium bowl. Add remaining 1 tbsp oil and onions to pot, saute until slightly softened and golden brown, about 5 minutes. Add wine, cook, scraping up browned bits, until reduced by half, about 2 minutes. Add broth, return pork to pot.
Reduce heat to low, cover pot and simmer, stirring occasionally, until pork is tender, about 2 hours. Reserve 3/4 cup braising liquid for radicchio. Set pork in remaining liquid aside.
Radicchio and Salad - Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Working in batches, add radicchio and saute on each cut side, adding more oil to pan between batches if needed, until browned, 2-3 minutes per side; transfer radicchio to a plate. Place all cooked radicchio back in skillet and add reserved pork braising liquid. Cover and cook until crisp tender, about 3 minutes. Add 2 tbsp vinegar; bring to a simmer and cook, uncovered until juices have thickened, about 1 minute. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Toss arugula, remaining 3 tbsp oil, and lemon juice in a large bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Divide pork with juices among plates. Arrange radicchio alongside. Divide arugula salad among plates. Drizzle radicchio with oil and a small amount of vinegar.
You'll also love
- Pineapple Pina Colada 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Black Bean & Corn Quesadillas 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Beef - Cheesburger Wontons 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pepper & Onion Turkey or Ham Wrap 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sweet Smoked Pork Ribs 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pork Stir-Fry with Asparagus and... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Sweet and Spicy Asian... 0/5 (0 Votes)