Upside Down Pineapple Cupcakes
This recipe will fill all 6 cakes in a large muffin/cupcake tin. I have not halved the recipe to fill a 12 tin cupcake tin, but I'm sure it would work.
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 4 Tbsp pineapple juice
- 2/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup butter, 1/2 stick
- 2/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 can pineapple rings
- 6 marachino cherries (double if you are trying 12 cupcake tin)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray the muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
2. In a mixing bowl, add eggs, sugar and pineapple juice. Beat for 2 minutes.
3. In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. Add to the wet ingredients and turn the mixer back on, for another 2 minutes.
4. In a small saucepan, melt the butter and add the brown sugar. Stir on low for one minute.
5. Spoon a layer of the sugar mixture into the bottom of each muffin tin. Add a pineapple ring and place a cherry in the center of each. Pour in the cake mixture until 3/4 full.
6. Bake jumbo cakes for 25 minutes, for regular cupcakes, 20 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
7. Remove from the oven and let cool in pan for 3 minutes. Run a knife around the edge of each cake to help loosen. Place a wire cooling rack on top and flip them over, over a sheet tray to catch any drippings. Place wire rack on sheet tray and let cool.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (812 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (488 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (288 Votes)
- Frozen Banana Bites 4.5/5 (272 Votes)
- Pineapple Mango Rum Cocktail 4.5/5 (145 Votes)
- Pineapple Chicken Salad Lettuce... 4.6/5 (101 Votes)