- 1 leftover turkey (12-14 lbs)
- 4 1/2 quarts water
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 1 medium carrot cut into pieces
- 1 celery rib cut into pieces
- 2 cups shredded, cooked turkey
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup uncooked pasta (small noodles, orzo rice, etc)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 4 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
Place the turkey carcass in a stockpot; add water, onion, carrot, and celery. Slowly bring to a boil over low heat; cover and simmer for 1 1/2 hours.
Discard the carcass. Strain broth and refrigerate to skim fat.
In a large pot, combine shredded turkey, vegetables and seasonings. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat and allow to simmer for 1 1/2 -2 hours or until vegetables are tender. Add noodles or pasta 20 minutes before soup is done.