- 1 pound fresh bacon chopped
- 2 tablespoons Pommerey mustard
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pound fresh baby spinach cleaned, patted dry
- 1 cup thinly-sliced red onions
- 4 poached eggs warm
In a sauté pan, over medium heat, render the bacon until crispy, about 6 to 8 minutes. Remove the bacon with a slotted spoon and reserve the oil. Set the bacon aside.
Combine the reserved bacon fat, mustard, vinegar, and honey. Blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. In a large mixing bowl, toss the spinach and red onions with the vinaigrette. Season with salt and pepper.
Mound the greens in the center of each plate. Season with salt and pepper . Garnish each salad with the eggs and crispy bacon.
This recipe yields 4 to 6 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (890 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (896 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (741 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (498 Votes)
- Spinach Lasagna Roll-Ups 4.6/5 (148 Votes)
- Secretly Healthy Spinach Dip aka... 4.5/5 (137 Votes)
- Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breasts 4.6/5 (128 Votes)