Parfait With Spiced Pear Coulis
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 pounds cooking pears cored, chopped
- (such as, Bartlett or Bosc)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Water as needed
- 8 slices pound cake 1/2" thick
- 2 cups sweetened whipped cream
- 2 cups pastry cream
- 4 ounces toasted pecan pieces
In a sauté pan, over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the sugar and cook for 1 minute. Add the pears and cinnamon. Continue to cook for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat and cool completely.
In a blender, combine the pears and water, and puree until the mixture is smooth. Trim each slice of pound cake into a 4-inch square. Line each parfait glass or coffee cup with the pound cake. Spoon some of the pear mixture over the cake. Spoon some of the cream mixture over the pear coulis. Sprinkle the cream mixture with the pecans. Repeat the layering process with the remaining ingredients.
This recipe yields 4 servings.