Strawberry Banana Bread
- 3/4 cup mashed bananas (about 3 medium bananas)
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 egg
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease the bottom and sides of a standard loaf pan with butter, then line the bottom with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, combine the banana, butter, light brown sugar, vanilla and egg. Sift together the salt, baking soda and flour. Add flour mixture to the banana mixture in 3 additions, stirring until just combined. Fold in the sliced strawberries.
Pour batter into prepared pan and bake 45 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean.