Classic Baked Ziti
This Classic Baked Ziti recipe is a simple Italian casserole dish that is guaranteed to be a crowd pleaser. Enjoy!
- 16 ounces Mueller's Ziti
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cloves minced garlic or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 cups meatless spaghetti sauce, divided
- 1 cup pasta water, reserved from cooking Ziti
- 2 cups Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated and divided
Preparation time 30mins
Slightly undercook Ziti, about 8 minutes. Drain, reserving 1 cup of the pasta cooking water, cover and set aside.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees fahrenheit.
In large skillet over medium heat cook beef, onion and garlic; stirring frequently 6-8 minutes or until beef is browned. Drain excess fat. Stir in 5 cups of sauce and pasta water. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
Mix meat/sauce mixture with Ziti.
Spoon 1/2 of Ziti mixture into 13x9 baking dish. Sprinkle with Mozzarella and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese. Top with remaining Ziti mixture and remaining 1 cup Spaghetti sauce. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese.
Bake 25-30 minutes or until heated through.
You'll also love
- Vegan Hungarian Eggplant 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Pork Loin - Orange Glazed Pork... 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Noodles & Co. Pasta Fresca 4.3/5 (10 Votes)
- Sorrel with Pasta and Pork 3.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Sylvia's Macaroni And Cheese 3.7/5 (25 Votes)
- Sweetie Pie's Macaroni And Cheese 4.2/5 (18 Votes)
- Baked Ziti with Turkey Sausage 0/5 (0 Votes)