Sorrel with Pasta and Pork
- 1/2 lb. minced pork
- 1 to 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 1 to 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 2 handfuls of sorrel, washed and roughly chopped
- 2 to 3 handfuls short shaped pasta (farfalle, penne, campanelle, casarecce, cavatelli, egg noodles)
- shaved Parmesan cheese (use a vegetable peeler)
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cook pasta according to packet instructions.
While pasta is cooking, grab a frying pan and over medium heat add minced pork and fennel seeds. If the pork is lean, you may need to add a bit of olive oil.
When pork is nearly cooked, add garlic. Stir to combine. Add sun-dried tomatoes and sorrel. Combine until sorrel has wilted slightly. By this time the pasta is ready to be added. Toss pasta until well incorporated.
Remove from heat and serve immediately with shaved Parmesan and season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
The Culinary Chase’s Note: Use about 1/4 cup of the pasta water to loosen up the meat if it looks a bit dry. Sorrel is lovely in soups, sauces, with eggs, fish, and cheese. Enjoy!