Turkey with Mushroom Sauce - Slow Cooker - Low Carb
281 calories, 1 grams of fat, 34 grams protein, 1 gram carbohydrates.
- 3 pounds turkey breast
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon concentrate
- guar or xanthan (optional)
In a big heavy skillet, saute the turkey in the butter until it's golden brown all over. Transfer the turkey to your slow cooker.
Sprinkle the parsley, tarragon, salt, and pepper over the turkey. Place mushrooms on top.
In a bowl mix the wine and bouillon together until it dissolves. Pour it over the turkey. Cover the slow cooker, set it on low, and let it cook for 7 to 8 hours.
When times up, remove the turkey and put on a platter. Transfer about half of the mushrooms to a blender and add the liquid from the slow cooker. Blend until its pureed. Scoop the rest of the mushrooms into the dish you plan to use to serve the sauce, add the liquid, and thicken further with guar or xanthan, if needed.
You'll also love
- KEY LIME CUPCAKES WITH WHIPPED... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Bacon Cheeseburger Stuffed Shells 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Oatmeal Raisin Cookies made with... 4/5 (2 Votes)
- White Beans with Spinach & Sausage 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Fettuccine Alfredo with Spicy... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- CRAB, SHRIMP, AND MUSHROOM DIP 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Turkey Brine 4/5 (1 Votes)