KEY LIME CUPCAKES WITH WHIPPED CREAM FROSTING
- 1 Pkg. Pillsbury Moist Supreme Classic White Premium Cake Mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup Crisco Pure Vegetable Oil
- 4 large egg whites
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 TBS. grated lime peel
- 2 drops green food coloring
- WHIPPED CREAM FROSTING:
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 TBS fresh lime juice
- 2 TSP grated lime peel
- 1 drop green food color
- 12 lime crescent-shaped candy slices, halved
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 40mins
1. HEAT oven to 350 degrees F. Line 24 muffin cups with paper baking cups.
2. FOR CUPCAKES: Beat cake mix, water, oil, egg white, lime juice, lime peel and food color in large bowl with electric mixer on low speed until moistened. BEAT 2 minutes on medium speed or until blended. Divide evenly into prepared muffin cups.
3. BAKE 18-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes. Remove from pans. Cool completely on wire rack.
4. FOR FROSTING: Beat cream and powdered sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on low speed until beginning to thicken. Add lime juice, lime peel, and food color. Beat on high speed until stiff peaks form. Chill until ready to use. Place frosting in decorator bag fitted with a decorator tip (# 12). Starting at outside edge, work toward center creating a spiral. Decorate with jelly candies, if desired.
You'll also love
- How to Stabilize Whipped Cream 4.5/5 (40 Votes)
- Bacon Cheeseburger Stuffed Shells 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Oatmeal Raisin Cookies made with... 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Boiled Ham & Cabbage Dinner 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Lavender and Blueberry Smoothie 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Lion House Orange Rolls 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Black Bean Salad with Corn, Red... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Buttermilk Strawberry Skillet Cake... 0/5 (0 Votes)