A light and tasty salad with my favorite ingredient!
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds fresh local Asparagus, sliced into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 6 to 8 fresh tomatoes, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 Walla Walla sweet onion, diced
- 1/4 c Rice Wine Vinegar
- 4 heavy swirls of Olive Oil
- 4 to 6 fresh basil leaves, rough chopped
Blanche Asparagus 4 to 6 minutes, until tender crisp.
Rinse in ice water until cooled. Mix tomatoes, garlic,
onion, vinegar, oil and basil. Once asparagus is cooled, add
to the mixture. Refrigerate leftovers.