Ye Olde-Fashioned Classic Egg Salad
This will remind you of the egg salad that many folks typically make. This is a lovely recipe and a pleasure on toasted pumpernickel bread with a slice or two of tomato.
Or, you can take a large iceberg lettuce leaf and those tomatoes to create a salad bowl (like the one shown below) for a delicious and nutritious lunch!
Cucumbers would be nice to add as well for some extra crunch.
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 celery stalk (no ends or leaves), finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons red or sweet white onion, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice (freshly squeezed if possible)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper to taste
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 70mins
Gently toss the eggs and celery together in a medium-size bowl.
In a smaller bowl, combine mayonnaise, lemon juice, onion, salt and pepper. Fold into the eggs and celery mixture. Season to taste with salt & the ground black pepper.
Chill for an hour or so before eating. For each individual serving, spoon 1/2 cup onto a lettuce leaf or spread on bread.