Fast-as-Boxed Macaroni & Cheese
- 8 oz. dried small elbow macaroni (about 2 cups)
- 1-1/2 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 ts. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 ts. garlic powder
- 1-1/2 cups pre-shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
Cook the pasta according to pkg directions. Drain and set aside.
Return the saucepan to the stove but do not place over heat just yet. Add the milk, flour, mustard and garlic powder and whisk until well blended.
Place over medium-high heat and bring to a simmer, stirring constantly. Reduce the heat and continue to simmer and stir gently until the mixture thickens slightly, about 2 minutes.
Add the cheddar and Parmesan cheeses and stir until all the cheese melts. Stir in the pasta, heat through and serve.