Raspberry Crumb Cake
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mace
- 1 cup cold butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
In a saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch, water and raspberries. Bring to a boil over medium heat; boil for 5 minutes or until thickened, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; stir in lemon juice. Cool.
In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and mace. Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. In another bowl, beat the eggs, milk and vanilla; add to crumb mixture and mix well. Spread two-thirds of the mixture into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Spoon raspberry filling over crust to within 1 in of the edges. Top with remaining crust mixture.
For topping, combine flour and sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in almonds. Sprinkle over the top. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean and top is lightly browned.
Yield: 12-16 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (890 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (898 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (741 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (498 Votes)
- Apple Brie Tarts 4.5/5 (311 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (289 Votes)
- Strawberry Coconut Chia Seed... 4.5/5 (210 Votes)
- Buttermilk Blueberry Breakfast Cake 4.4/5 (181 Votes)