Thick and Creamy New England Clam Chowder
- 6 -7 pieces bacon , cut into small pieces
- 1 medium onion , chopped
- 3 (5 ounce) cans baby clams , with juice reserved
- 6 -7 potatoes , cubed
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 - 2 carrots, diced
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of celery soup
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
Adapted from food.com
1. Add bacon to sauce pan and cook on medium low heat until crispy.
2. Add onion and cook until translucent.
3. Add clam juice from all three cans.
4. Add potatoes, carrots and celery.
5. Cook and cover until potatoes are fork tender, about 15-20 minutes.
6. Stir occasionally so potatoes won't stick.
7. Add clams, soup, cream, milk, and dill weed. Stir together.
8. Add butter and let melt into the chowder.
9. Cook for about 30-45 minutes or until thickened. Stir occasionally.