Teriyaki Chicken Wings
- 15 chicken wings, separated at the joint, tips removed
- Coarse Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 1 cup long-grain rice
- 4 cups broccoli florets
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from delish.com
1. Heat broiler with rack 4 inches from heat. Arrange wings on an aluminum foil-lined rimmed baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper. Broil, turning once, until lightly browned and tender, about 20 minutes.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, honey and vinegar. Reserve 1/2 cup for dipping.
3. Remove wings from broiler, brush with remaining sauce. Return to broiler, turning and brushing with sauce twice, until browned and glazed, 2 to 4 minutes. Brush with pan juices before serving.
1. Meanwhile in a small saucepan with a tight-fitted lid, bring 2 cups water to a boil; add rice and stir. Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer 15 minutes. Scatter broccoli over rice, cover and cook 5 minutes. Remove from heat without removing lid. Set aside to steam, off heat, 10 minutes.
2. Using a fork, gently fluff rice, mixing with broccoli. Serve wings with broccoli rice and reserved sauce on the side.