- 1 lb. Firm, ripe fresh plum tomatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 6 pitted green olives (I like to use alot of kalamata olives)
- 2 medium garlic cloves
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 Tbs. finely shredded fresh basil or 3/4 tsp. dried
- 2 tsp. drained capers
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/4 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 Tbs. red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 lb. uncooked spaghetti
1. Coursely chop tomatoes.
2. Chop onion. Cut olives in half, mince garlic.
3. Combine tomatoes, onion, olives, garlic, parsley,
shredded basil, capers, paprika and oregano in a
medium bowl, toss well. Drizzle vinegar over
tomato mixture. Then pour olive oil over tomatoes
and toss again. Stir until throughly mixed .
4. Refridgerate covered at least 6 hours or overnight.
5. Cook pasta according to package directions. When
done drain and add to tomato mixture and serve.