- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pound venison steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 8 ounces egg noodles
1. Combine flour, salt and pepper in a resealable plastic bag. Add venison cubes, seal and gently shake bag to coat evenly.
2. Heat oil in a heavy-bottomed stockpot on medium-high heat. Add venison and brown, turning to cook evenly.
3. Add mushrooms and onion. Sauté until the onion is tender. Stir in tomato juice, water, oregano and bay leaf. Simmer for 25 minutes, or until the venison is tender.
4. Add celery and sour cream. Simmer, covered, for 15 minutes. Remove bay leaf.
5. Meanwhile, cook noodles according to package directions; drain. Serve over hot noodles.
Makes 6 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (810 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (702 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (665 Votes)
- Spice-Rubbed Chicken with Duck... 5/5 (5 Votes)
- Roasted Veal Chops with Grapes 5/5 (5 Votes)
- Veal Chops Saltimboca with Tomato... 5/5 (4 Votes)