Baked Chicken or Cornish Hen
Great for Sunday dinner. Easy and delicious.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 2-3 hours
- 1 whole chicken or hen
- 2 red potatoes, cubed in large chunks (skin on)
- 3 carrots, peeled & chopped in large chunks (or a small bag of baby carrots)
- 2 TBS Italian dressing
- 1 oven roasting bag
Preheat oven to 350. Rinse chicken and remove giblets. Brush chicken skin with Italian dressing. Place in oven bag and then in large casserole/roasting dish. Put potatoes and carrots in bag around chicken.
Bake for 2-3 hours or until done, depending on size of chicken (approximately 20 minutes per pound).
After carving cooked chicken, boil the carcass for 2-3 hours to make chicken stock.
You'll also love
- Baked Chicken with White Beans and... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Spicy Red Fish Stew 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Stuffed Cabbage (Galumpki /Golabki) 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Chorizo, Bean Anc Cheese Nachos... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Daddy's Favorite Venison Stew 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Basic Venison Roast 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Old Country Store's... 4/5 (11 Votes)
- Chevys' Sweet Corn Tomalito 4.5/5 (2 Votes)