Baked Chicken or Cornish Hen
Great for Sunday dinner. Easy and delicious.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 2-3 hours
- 1 whole chicken or hen
- 2 red potatoes, cubed in large chunks (skin on)
- 3 carrots, peeled & chopped in large chunks (or a small bag of baby carrots)
- 2 TBS Italian dressing
- 1 oven roasting bag
Preheat oven to 350. Rinse chicken and remove giblets. Brush chicken skin with Italian dressing. Place in oven bag and then in large casserole/roasting dish. Put potatoes and carrots in bag around chicken.
Bake for 2-3 hours or until done, depending on size of chicken (approximately 20 minutes per pound).
After carving cooked chicken, boil the carcass for 2-3 hours to make chicken stock.
You'll also love
- Malabar Spinach And Wild Mushroom... 3.8/5 (52 Votes)
- Dove: Bacon-Wrapped Grilled... 3.9/5 (13 Votes)
- Lemon Cucumber Pickles 3.6/5 (122 Votes)
- Honey & Sage Brined Deep Fried... 3.7/5 (36 Votes)
- Farro and Sausage Stuffed Roasted... 4/5 (7 Votes)
- BREAKFAST - Waffle Sweet Corn... 3.9/5 (7 Votes)
- Wiener Schnitzel in an Air Fryer 3.8/5 (43 Votes)
- Lili Deutsch's Hungarian Veal... 4/5 (2 Votes)