Low Carb Shrimp Mock Fried Rice
Recipe courtesy George Stella / StellaStyle.com
- 2 cups raw cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely diced red bell pepper
- 4 tablespoons thinly sliced scallions
- 1/2 cup cooked salad shrimp
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- Salt to taste, if needed.
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 23mins
Adapted from pinterest.com
1. Grate the fresh cauliflower using the largest holes of a cheese grater. You can also use a food processor fitted with a grating blade.
2. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the bell pepper and 3 tablespoons of the green onions, and cook for 1 minute.
3 Add the cauliflower, shrimp, and garlic and cook, stirring constantly, for 4 to 5 minutes until the cauliflower is tender.
4 Add the soy sauce and stir. Add the eggs to one corner of the pan but don’t stir for 1 minute. This allows the eggs to cook for a bit, which will prevent them from completely breaking up and disappearing into the mix.
5 As soon as the eggs are soft-cooked, remove the skillet from the heat and gently fold the eggs into the mixture. Add salt or more soy sauce to taste and serve garnished with the remaining 1 tablespoon of green onions.
It’s completely normal for there to be extra liquid in the pan when this is finished. Use a slotted spoon to drain it as you serve.
Calories:180 |Fat: 11g | Protein:16g |Fiber: 1.5g |Net Carbs:3g
SEE MORE OF MY RECIPES on PINTEREST! -->