Cheesy Shrimp and Rice
- 2 6.2-ounce packages quick-cooking long grain and wild rice mix
- 2 cups chopped red sweet pepper
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine
- 2 10-3/4-ounce cans condensed golden mushroom soup
- 2 cups (8 oz.) shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 cups (8 oz.) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 pounds cooked, peeled, and deveined medium shrimp (remove tails, if present)
- Lemon slices (optional)
Prepare rice mixes according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a 4-quart Dutch oven cook and stir sweet peppers, celery, and onions in hot butter about 5 minutes or just until tender.
In a very large bowl combine the cooked rice, cooked vegetable mixture, soup, Swiss cheese, half of the cheddar cheese, and the black pepper. Stir in the shrimp. Spoon mixture into two 3-quart rectangular baking dishes.
Bake, covered, in a 375 degree F oven about 35 minutes or until heated through, rotating baking dishes halfway through baking. Remove from oven; sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese. Let stand 10 minutes before serving (if toting, see note). If desired, garnish with lemon slices. Makes 12 servings.